Friday, July 24, 2009

Who are the "un-insured" we keep hearing about.

So I've had a few people tell me that I need to start posting on my blog again. It's been about 10 months since I posted but surely you don't all think it's been 10 months since I have had an opinion about what's going in our country. (Maybe more like 10 minutes.)

This Health care thing has been the issue that has nearly put me over the edge. You may not care to read any of these blog entries but it offers some therapeutic relief for me to write it so feel free to read it if you want or delete it, either way it served a purpose for me. (I know, I'm a selfish capitalist pig.)

50,000,000 uninsured people in this country. Isn't that the number we hear continuously from all the politicians and talking heads in the media. Have you ever asked yourself this simple question who are these poor, helpless, victims of society. Are they all just laying around in bed with every kind of ailment from chicken-pox to leprosy? Perhaps they are all small children huddled underneath overpasses all around the country, coughing and oozing with treatable infections. Or, maybe you could watch this short video clip and find out just who these 50 million people really are that we're all being told that we should feel so incredibly bad for.

Don't get me wrong, I'm sure there are those out there who genuinely need and want health insurance and cant' afford it. I am also very much in agreement that the current system needs to be fixed (I even have some ideas on how I think that could be done but that's a blog for another day.)









Our Weather Right Now